At Roz Lahey Accounting, we understand taxes can be a significant drain on you. When properly managed, the right tax advice can give you a competitive edge and maximum refund.
We provide accounting and taxation services to employed and self-employed individuals (sole traders). We ensure all allowable tax deductions in your tax returns are claimed properly.
Our preference is to meet with you for a one-on-one consultation to complete your income tax return. We would rather you have the opportunity to ask as many questions as needed and leave our office knowing what we are talking about, rather than asking none, and assuming something that isn’t true.
What we need from you (refer to attached check list for more details):
- your income information (such as a payslip)
- details of your investment income, such as dividends, bank interest income, etc.
- details of your investment property income and expenses if you have an investment property
- details of your work related expenses (such as uniforms, stationery, laundry and dry cleaning).
Our services for individuals include:
- assessing your situation and providing advice about your tax return in a one-on-one consultation
- providing advice about income received from self-employment or a partnership
- providing advice on other income such as an investment property
- calculating Capital Gains Tax (CGT) on property and shares
- calculating various tax offsets provided to individuals
- setting up business as a sole trader
- sourcing tax and Australian Business Number (ABN) registration
- providing tax advice and planning for your future.
The process of our work:
- Calculate your tax liability
- Complete your tax return
- Lodge the return
- Advise you on the amount to be refunded or paid within a due date.
Our team also has experience negotiating with the ATO on tax disputes.